FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Trouble getting and staying logged in
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Trouble getting and staying logged in [message #19383 is a reply to message #19367] Wed, 14 July 2004 16:06 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
WilliamBurns is currently offline  WilliamBurns   United States
I upgraded from 2.6.1 to 2.6.4 a couple of weeks ago. The user is using Windows, so I think he is using MSIE. He didn't specify the browser (I will ask him), but he has not tried different browsers. Also, he has hundreds of posts. I don't think he has had this trouble all along. He contacted me again today with the following:

Yet another "clue" when I type in my log-in and password correctly, it does not log me in, and returns me to the log-in screen. If I type it is wrong intentionally, it brings me to the red INVALID LOG IN AND/PASSWORD

Been kinda difficult today, took 7 tries to get on, and then when I hit a reply button to reply to a posting, logs me out!

The user's account is the same as all the other users accounts, at least as far as I can tell.

I will also ask him about cookies.

I checked in the settings and I see that my forum has a session timeout of 1800. There are no units discussed, so is that 1.8 seconds?

[Updated on: Wed, 14 July 2004 16:21]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Lost backups
Next Topic: Multiple Forums/Different Templates
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-