FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Upgrade Problems
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Upgrade Problems [message #19981 is a reply to message #19974] Mon, 20 September 2004 20:51 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lynky is currently offline  Lynky   Germany
Hallo,

thank you very much for your quick answer.
Unfortunately I don't know anymore which files were locked. I haven't been so smart to make a print of it, because I thought, I'll upload my backups again.

I didn't make a dumb of the data with the forum's dumb function, instead I took the provider's backup-function, which creates a complete backup of all the files in the forum directory as backup.tgz.

I thought the best would be to extract the backed up files, upload them (so I should have all the rights to give to the necessary files) and then run the upgrade-script again... but... it didn't work.

I've tried to upload these files several times, but the only thing I get is a blank screen when I enter the start page. So it doesn't make sense to run the upgrade-skript when even the old version doesn't work.
First I thought, the unix-link of the globals.php gets broken while extracting the archive on a NTFS-filesystem, but I was trying to create one with a php-script and it didn't work, too.

I'm messing around with this issue for more than two weeks and the forum is down for that time. I don't have any idea what to do next. I would be glad enough to restore the old 2.5.2 version, but I don't even get this Sad

Do you have any idea, how I can solve my problems?

Thank you very much in advance,

a helpless Lynky

[Message index]

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message