FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Upgrade Problems
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: forum files unlocked but database problem [message #20016 is a reply to message #20014] Tue, 21 September 2004 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Lynky is currently offline  Lynky   Germany
Ohoh,
here's what I've done:

I replaced the "INSERT INTO"s to "INSERT IGNORE INTO"s. I've found then, that mysql doesn't import many datasets as a result of that. Nevermind - it worked and I have the table in the 2nd database now.

Then I managed to convince my provider to play my forum-backup back into the right directory.
Then I tried out if the forum worked. I first chose the old database and I was very glad that the thing worked. Then I changed the database to the new one (the one with the missing entries in fud21_search) and I got a blank screen Sad

OK... I thought, I will take a chance (because the forum worked on the old one) and tried an upgrade again. The script ran but never showed a result page - so I hitted the "authenticicate"-button again. The Skript told me, that I had already ran the upgrade - so far... sound's well, doesn't it?

But:
When I now enter the startpage of the new forum, the forum shows me the registered users on the board, but no threads! There's nothing in it! I also have no private messages!

Have I lost my data? Did the upgrade break my last working database-tables?

PANIC! Why doesn't it show the threads?

Greetings,

Lynky

[Updated on: Tue, 21 September 2004 18:29]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message