FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Locale
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Locale [message #2069] Mon, 29 April 2002 16:53 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The ensure proper i18n support FUDforum exports a locale setting appropriate for a set language. Currently, this is done automatically based on a single static setting per language. Based on my tests thing single option is support on nearly every system.

However, it has come to my attention, that there are some issues with hard coding a singular locale due to the fact some languages have many dialects etc, and require specialized locales.

After doing some research I've determined that there is no reliable way to determine the supported locales on the system, from which a user will be able to select their preferred locale if it is different from default.

To this affect I propose to leave the locale as is in the installation, however add an option in the admin control panel (language menu) to allow user to manually override the locale setting.

This way people who know what they are doing, can choose to overwrite the locale setting and those who do not need to are not bothered by it.

Please let me know your opionions on this matter as this is the last remaining issue on my list before RC3 is released.

FUDforum Core Developer
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message