FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Use of 'quoting' in messages piped to mailing list
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Use of 'quoting' in messages piped to mailing list [message #21390 is a reply to message #21380] Sun, 28 November 2004 21:25 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
srchild is currently offline  srchild   United Kingdom
srchild wrote on Sun, 28 November 2004 18:13

when a message from the forum is forwarded to the mailing list, any quoted text from earlier messages is no longer highlighted as being quoted text and looks as though it is part of the new message.

e.g.:

> quoted

> > double quoted

1. Apologies, I probably should have put this post in How Do I instead of in installation?

2. I've had a poke around and I'm wondering if function make_replace_array in theme/default/post.php is what I need to look at? And if so then what are the values that I have to put in table 'replace' and will doing that break anything else?

Thinking about this, it isn't necessary to replicate mailing lists quoting with angle-brackets, probably simply a marker (replacing the fud quote tags) such as beginning of quoted text and end of quoted text should be useable?

Simon Child
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon14.gif
Previous Topic: Can't restore Dump correctly
Next Topic: Non English characters problem
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 29 01:26:19 GMT 2024