FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Move a forum to another site host
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Move a forum to another site host [message #23010 is a reply to message #22799] Thu, 24 February 2005 23:24 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
WilliamBurns is currently offline  WilliamBurns   United States
My needs may have changed somewhat, since my corrupt data files have not been recoverable. The mysql repair function was unable to repair FUD261_index, and this ~15 megabyte file was also corrupt on backups. The result is that my forum is back up with essentially gibberish in all posts prior to 2/17/05. Since 2/17/05, all new posts seem to make sense and be correct. It begins to look like I will be "pruning" all posts prior to 2/17/05, which leaves me with a mere handful of posts that make sense in each of about ten discussion topics. I'm wondering if there is another way to move the content to the new site.

Thanks for the explicit list of instructions. I may be able to get the site tech support to assist me in making archives of all the forum files. I assume this is all the files in the forumdata folder as well as all the files in the browsable wforum folder.

The site I'd like to move to only offers one database, and uses mysql 3.23.43, which is earlier than the 3.23.58 that I am currently using. Will that be a problem?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message