FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Single Login with a CMS
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Single Login with a CMS [message #23354 is a reply to message #23322] Sun, 13 March 2005 19:44 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
LastQuark   United States
Ilia,

As simple at it may seem to be, I am not successful after spending several hours. I am not a coder but only have dreams of several large forum sites. Without any knowledge of PHP, my trial and error patching didn't work out. I was not lucky this time Smile.

This process is the only one that is preventing me from launching my FUDforum sites with the Xaraya CMS. If you are not yet aware of, Xaraya is very close to version 1.0 after several years of development. It is a very powerful CMS that I strongly believe will have a great future.

I would like to see FUDforum part of this future. No doubt, it is the best forum out there. It will be hard to beat the best forum married to the best CMS. As you may already know, DogManStar came out with a mod that lets Xaraya use the authentication scheme of FUDforum through Xaraya's login process. As soon as a user logs in to Xaraya, the users table in FUDforum are copied over to Xaraya's user tables. This is wonderful. Integration to Xaraya is already 95% done except for this simple single login process that I am struggling with.

I offered a small sum that I'm hoping will encourage someone to step forward and take it. But there are not any takers. Would you be willing to help copy the user_login() to the Xaraya login files? I can send the files. I know you are a very busy man and will be difficult for you to spare some time with your schedule. But if you think about it, this presents a great opportunity for the future of FUDforum.

I can see that FUDForum is not as visible as some forums solutions out there despite its great features. I was a member of this forum for almost 2 years and I didn't realize how good it is until I installed the program very recently! I hope you take the time. I guarantee it will be time well spent because of the activity and the buzz Xaraya is getting nowadays.

Rest assured I will not bother you again for additional support.

LQ
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Renaming index.php and wrapping forums
Next Topic: Why store message body a textfile?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 07:34:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05680 seconds