FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Converters » Need help transferring messages from FuseTalk
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Need help transferring messages from FuseTalk [message #24483 is a reply to message #24370] Thu, 28 April 2005 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BobB is currently offline  BobB   United States
Ilia wrote on Mon, 25 April 2005 15:54

FUDforum does not store plain-text versions of user passwords, instead is stored the 32 character long (hexadecimal) md5 checksum of the password. As long as this value is placed correctly into passwd field for each user, old logins will work.

We've run into a couple of snags transferring the user data. We converted the passwords to md5 and that worked just fine, but when one attempts to log in using one of the imported usernames and passwords, an "Invalid URL" error is generated. Any suggestions for getting around this?

Also, FUD forum seems to have automatically deleted all the imported users with a message count of 0. We changed those message counts to 1 to get around this, but is there an option to auto-delete or "prune" inactive users? I have not seen such an option in the admin CP where I might be able to turn it off.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: FUD with my own user account?
Next Topic: Ipb 1.3 to last version of FUDforum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 21 20:24:19 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05142 seconds