FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Restrict User to a single forum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon8.gif  Re: Restrict User to a single forum [message #2459 is a reply to message #2450] Thu, 09 May 2002 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
OK, here is my problem with this

before I add the "restricted users" group, I use the multiselect in the resources area and highlight all but the one forum. I change all the permissions to the group to NO - oooh, where are my radio buttons Very Happy . then click the add button. That adds the forums to this new group. But I never see any indication of these forums attached to this group.

I then click the [Manage Users] link for the "restricted users" group and I see the Group Editor Selection screen.

I have the standard Anonymous and All Registered Users members with their various permissions. I click the [Find User] link and insert the special user I have added as a member. Now I click the Add Member button to add the special user. The permissions ( actually of all three members ) are taken from the permissions in the group manager's area.

The only thing I want the Anonymous and All Registered Users members to be able to do is view the forum in question. But I want the restricted user to be able to view and post ( only ).

It still has not done what I wanted it to do ( see above paragraph ).

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon8.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon12.gif
Previous Topic: Different languages in different categories?
Next Topic: Using a forum as a file archive
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 20:11:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05410 seconds