FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » FUDforum in eGroupWare » Weird repsesentation of greek language
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon3.gif  Re: Weird repsesentation of greek language [message #25180 is a reply to message #25147] Mon, 30 May 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
foris is currently offline  foris   Greece
I'm using the default english theme, which is propably the theme I'm going to use when I finally deploy EGW.

All the greek strings, are being saved in the database in unicode representation (for example & # 9 8 3 ; - six characters per string character!). The same happens to the files that hold the posts.

So far I found out that the category name is trimmed, because the name field at the phpgw_cat table is VARCHAR(50). So I got on the screen 8 characters (8X6=48) and two spaces!

The real question now is: Since everything greek is being stored in the same way, both in the database and the msg files, why do I get hashes and numbers instead of characters where the forum name is to be presented?

Note: All the tables in the database use charset latin1 and collation method latin1_swedish_ci.
[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Previous Topic: Timing Out When Replying
Next Topic: File attachment not able to upload above 500KB
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]