FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Commercial site
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon7.gif  Re: Commercial site [message #2649 is a reply to message #2627] Tue, 14 May 2002 09:56 Go to previous message
delvar is currently offline  delvar   United Kingdom
That’s exactly how I saw it,
I have no problem giving out MY code but as im working for a company its not mine.

ANY modification to the fud code will be given out, even minor changes, ill upload it to an ftp site somewhere and report it here once the works done. Any other code will be kept proprietary (-spl) unless I get an agreement from my company to release it.

Proprietary is where most of the code will lie, that’s why I like this forum, it has everything I was looking for as is, so most of the editing will be the front end, layout, colours etc. With only some logic changes (if any). Some extensions to stored data. (I will know more when I start working)

Rewriting / replacing code, if I were to write a function that replaced an existing function with no code copied form the original but doing the same job would that code be considered part of the fud?
What about doing a similar job but in a slightly different way?
Im thinking it would fall under the gpl, like copying from any publication and releasing it as your own work is plagiarism.
But writing the same thing in your own words is not.
don’t you just love grey areas?

Not that it matters much, I wont intentionally rip you guys off, all credit will be given and where possible code will be released.

Hay 'tis anuver usles sig!
[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon7.gif