FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: installation on php 4.2.0, apache 2.0.35, winnt [message #2662 is a reply to message #2659] Wed, 15 May 2002 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
paolo wrote on Wed, 15 May 2002 1:03 PM

hi everybody,
i'm trying to install fud2alpha-20020513.zip.
during the installation procedure i get this errors:

[Step 1 of 5]:
Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of make_into_query(). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in c:\arcims\forum\fud2alpha\install.php on line 473 and 497;

[Step 2 of 5]:
Still the previous plus the following.
Warning: socket_set_timeout() is not supported in this PHP build in c:\arcims\forum\fud2alpha\install.php on line 348.

when i open the forum's pages i also get all the posted variables as "undefined", due to my register_globals set to off (i guess) and no calls to the $_POST[] array in the forum files.

my question: do i have to have my php.ini modified to use the forum or is there something i'm missing?

thanx
btw, compliments to the developers, great job!

The 1st issue is indeed a bug, I already fixed in latest CVS.
The 2nd is because windows' php apparently does not support this function, I've also corrected this problem by adding checks to the install script before attempting to use the function.

FUDforum has its own internal register globals functionality that is activated when the user's register globals are off. We've been using FUDforum with them off for a while now... I'll see if I can replicate the problem. In the meanwhile setting register globals will most likely solve the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message