FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Problem with pruning topics
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Problem with pruning topics [message #26916 is a reply to message #26909] Sat, 20 August 2005 20:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
falcon15121978 is currently offline  falcon15121978   United Kingdom
Hi,

Yes i know topic pruning could be a long process. While the pruning is going on, i have been monitoring the database activity by issuing a

mysql -e 'show processlist'

After a while nothing seems to be happening at the database level either. That is why i am worrried.

May i take this opportunity to also ask if FudForum has got any issues running and locking files from a NFS mounted location. All my forum files, are located on an NFS mount. I have roughly 4 machines mounting the same location and serving the forum for load balancing.

When users try to make a post(with the new version 2.6.15), their replies get mixed up with other user's replies. About 2 years back when we had originally set the forum using version 2.3 our old administrator said there were issues with locking files on nfs mount and he wrote a C module to overcome this. Are you aware of any such issues with the forum. If so has it been rectified.

If it has been rectified, what do you think, is causing my users to have their post mangled with other user's postings.

Hope i am not asking for too much. Thanks in advance. And thanks a lot for the earlier response. That was a quick response.

I have had to roll back to the old version of the forum (2.3) as i had so many complaints.. And another strange thing that happened after the upgrade was that my users all of a sudden started getting emails, for new postings even though they never subscribed.

cheers.

regards
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message