FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Xtended Troll Features...
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Xtended Troll Features... [message #2745 is a reply to message #2744] Tue, 21 May 2002 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Olliver   Germany
Hi,
It just has been an spontaneous idea that came across my mind Smile. I know the ignore list for individual users, but then u will have the problem that there's always someone feeding the troll. Besides an average visitor still could see these posts, which could lead to significant confusion. So a global ignore list would be a useful feature.
@hackie: This only applies to transparent proxies, which send the original ip by HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR or HTTP_CLIENT_IP (there are a couple of other variants but 2 as example should do). By the time one uses an anonymous proxy u have (almost) no way of finding out the original IP. I say almost because u can trick someone if there's no firewall filtering outgoing requests. Just link a transparent .gif or .png connecting to a port >1024 and the request will bypass the proxy (squid by default considers any port >1024 as safe, hence they won't be processed by it). Another way would be crating an java applet that asks for the user's environment and bypasses the proxy by specifying a different port for connecting.
bye
Ken
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Function list