FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Delete Account
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Delete Account [message #3060 is a reply to message #3059] Mon, 10 June 2002 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Olliver   Germany
Hi,
Ok, but u have to admit that the additional newsletter might be the source of the problem. The forum alone couldn't rise such a harzard (except one is longing to expose personal data). Thanx for ur link anyway, I'll take a look at it. If there really exist such laws in Germany then it might be useful to know about them. This is why I asked for a source. But I stick to my opinion, an option to have users delete their accounts does not make anything safer. Like Prottoss already pointed out this would be an invitation to all sorts of people to make a board to a place for spamming and harrassment. Having the option to get deleted from a marketing database with one's email makes sense (also known as "opt-out") but IMHO u can't transfer such principles to a messageboard, because ur address isn't the primary medium (as in newsletters, newsgroups, mailinglists) on which communication is being held. It is merely a way to check people's identity and in the end a way to grant safety to all board users. I've seen this too often that there are people around which cannot deal with too much liberty, once they have the opportunity to make anonymous postings, some of them start to annoy users with offensive postings. And if u ask them to stop that nonsense u would typically get the answer "Why should I? Anonymous posting is allowed so I can do anything here." Usually these are the first ones to cry out "censorship" as soon as u start to delete their crap postings. Usual stuff, but u have to keep this in mind. Ok, I'll verify the document u set a link to
bye
Ken
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message