FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » More safe_mode woes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: More safe_mode woes [message #3440 is a reply to message #3438] Sun, 23 June 2002 08:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Olliver   Germany
Hi Basse,
I feel with u, because I suffer from the same braindead configuration on the rokop-security server. The following worked for me: Make a mirror of ur current forum on ur local server (I assume u got one running in ur home network or on localhost if its just one machine) Next run the upgrade, shouldn't make problems unless u would mess up something with rights and owners)
Now Fud should be running on ur local copy. Next would be: delete the symbolic links and replace them with php files which perform a include as a substitute:
<?php include_once "/home/httpd/ur-web-account/ur-hidden-dir/include/GLOBALS.php"; ?>

In other words: the include points to the real GLOBALS.php with an absolute UNIX path. In case this path is unknown to u u can reveal it by running phpinfo(). Save this code as GLOBALS.php and use it the same way u did with the symbolic links. Now u are able to upload the stuff to ur server. U probably need to change the files' rights so the server can modify them. Then u only need to update ur database (don't use phpadmin for it, as it will break if the process exceeds 30 secs):
$telnet urserver
[user,password]
$ mysql database -u uraccount -p < urdump.sql

After that it should run.
Bye
Ken
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message