FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » external authentication
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: external authentication [message #3448 is a reply to message #3187] Sun, 23 June 2002 18:57 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
kegman is currently offline  kegman   United States
I tried it last night and one problem you might have initially would be the setup script failing because it can't check it's URL because it is password protected.

It just keeps failing because of this error on one of the early steps.

If you have FUD in a directory below a password protected directory you can put a .htaccess file in the FUD directory until you get it set up with this and it should work:

Allow from all
Satisfy any

If it doesn't work you might have to check your httpd.conf Apache file and make sure you have this in the directory or the directories above so it will recognize the .htaccess file:

AllowOverride All

As soon as it gets done installing remove the .htaccess file.

Also you will then have to modify the FUD authentication system which I haven't done yet. I'm running Auth_MySQL so I'm going to end up hacking the FUD authentication system to use the current username got via getenv(REMOTE_USER); and possibly pull some information I currently have in the modified Auth_MySQL database that included their email address and such and put it in the FUD database.

Eventually I might just use the FUD database as the Auth_MySQL database so I wouldn't have two different ones to deal with.

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: extending the authentication and the forum
Next Topic: can't create/edit polls
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Oct 01 00:14:39 GMT 2024