FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » Forum Benchmark
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Forum Benchmark [message #361 is a reply to message #360] Fri, 08 February 2002 01:23 Go to previous message
hackie is currently offline  hackie   Canada
Core Developer

mattm wrote on Thu, 07 February 2002 8:18 PM

The benchmarks were presented in an easy to digest format. The data is unbiased and the equipment used was not intended to give any one system an advantage.

The brochure is designed as a marketing tool - the "average' webmaster will not be able to understand reams f server / process and script debug information.

As previously stated, I'm not against anyone carrying out their own tests, I'm all for it and I'll do all that I can to assist.

Heh, okie, well, we came on a bit hard, that's understandable I hope, but anyhow... As I said, what we're trying to do should be interesting to you guys also. That is we will develop a standard set of benchmarks to run on a forum and thereby judge it's speed (we here doesn't mean US, i.e. the developers of FUDforum, this means you guys also).

Some questions/benchmarks suggested are listed in the root message. If you have anything to add please do so. For example, some benchmark that we missed, or seems unfair or maybe pointless.

If you have any suggestions PLEASE make them. We don't wunna be alone on this, and we don't want to be the sole people designing this.

cc intelligence.c -o intelligence
$ ./intelligence
Segmentation fault

[Updated on: Fri, 08 February 2002 01:24]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Poll: AMD or intel, and why?
Next Topic: prottoss and fud rock
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 19:02:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04292 seconds