FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » How to read Chinese characters from MySQL database (puzzle me on stor and read character using FUDforum)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
How to read Chinese characters from MySQL database [message #38652] Wed, 22 August 2007 10:11 Go to previous message
nectar2 is currently offline  nectar2   China
Dear,

I did these:

1. Installed latest FUDform with chinese language
  2. Set utf8 via 'MySQL Charset Changer'
  3. Everything looks like fine, FUDforum's interface is Chinese and I can post or read via broswer
  4. Then login phpMyAdmin to see whether it is ok on the MySQL side
  5. Browse to 'fud26_forum', there are some characters which can be read by human (as attachment show) on 'name' and 'descr' column, and it should be typed Chinese characters
  6. Used 'mysqldump' to export the database, open .sql file with text editor, as the same previously

Question:
1. What can 'MySQL Charset Changer' do? Just set exist table to specify collation? Is it possible using 'set names(utf8)' to solve this problem?
2. When I tried to modify the un-read characters to be read via phpMyAdmin, FUDforum display modified characters as '????'

(member) post Chinese characters[read] => (FUDforum) submit to MySQL=> (MySQL) store data[un-read] => (FUDforum) display Characters to visitor[read]

[Updated on: Wed, 22 August 2007 10:12]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message