FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Moving whole website to a different server
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Moving whole website to a different server [message #40521 is a reply to message #40507] Sat, 15 March 2008 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
WilliamBurns is currently offline  WilliamBurns   United States
Repeating the move from one host to another:

I dumped my mysql database and copied the folders and data to my new system. I went through this very thread and made all the permissions canges and all the code changes that were appropriate, and I made symlinks to the GLOBALS.php file in my wforum and wforum/adm directories. Darned if I didn't end up with the same initial problem as I had before. The php "require" function appears to be having trouble with GLOBALS.php.

I did one other thing, perhaps it matters. I transferred all the files from my initial document root at /usr/local/apache2/htdocs to a different document root at /home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com. This is the folder the production website will work out of. I believe I changed the appache config file accordingly and all of my other web pages work. I did put the forumdata folder in the same place where it was.

The following message was generated lots of times while the symlinks were in place:
[Fri Mar 14 23:19:14 2008] [error] [client 66.249.73.18] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required './GLOBALS.php' (include_path='.:') in /home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/index.php on line 13

So, figuring that the symlinks were not working, I removed them and put a physical copy of GLOBALS.php in both places. That, at least changed my error log message slightly to:

[Fri Mar 14 23:28:09 2008] [error] [client 71.6.3.234] PHP Fatal error: Unknown: Failed opening required '/home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/adm/index.php' (include_path='.:') in Unknown on line 0
[Fri Mar 14 23:28:42 2008] [error] [client 71.6.3.234] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required './GLOBALS.php' (include_path='.:') in /home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/index.php on line 13

The actual GLOBALS.php file is owned by rpivps (my userid). Root is listed as the symlink owner. Can that have something to do with the problem?
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message