FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Moving whole website to a different server
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Moving whole website to a different server [message #40538 is a reply to message #40536] Mon, 17 March 2008 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
WilliamBurns is currently offline  WilliamBurns   United States
Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I am using the same login from the original install.
I tried a second and third userid, after testing out the passwords on the "old" installation, and upon putting the same info into the login panel, I generated this message on the login screen above the login box in red letters:

Only administrators with proper access credentials can login via this control panel

The above message stays on the screen if I use another non-administrator id, but when I go back to the administrator id, theh red message disappears. It seems to know that it is an administrator, but won't complete the login.

Somehow, I don't think the system is correctly getting access to all of the table data. I say this because I have manually selected the first hundred or so records from my fud261_users table, and my administrator login is the second one in the table (after Anonymous Coward whose password is 1). The table appears to be in good order, with the password field reading a consistent number of gibberish characters for all the entries.

Another possible clue: a Google "bot" is repeatedly generating "Fatal Error" messages (along with some Notice messages) in the log file that say:

[Mon Mar 17 23:34:41 2008] [error] [client 66.249.73.71] PHP Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/index.php on line 214
[Mon Mar 17 23:34:41 2008] [error] [client 66.249.73.71] PHP Notice: Only variable references should be returned by reference in /home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/index.php on line 214
[Mon Mar 17 23:34:41 2008] [error] [client 66.249.73.71] PHP Fatal error: require() [<a href='function.require'>function.require</a>]: Failed opening required '/home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/theme/default/index.php' (include_path='.:') in /home/rpivps/www/rpinet.com/wforum/index.php on line 1145

Can I override the password in the table somehow?
Or is there still some lurking permissions issue blocking access?

[Updated on: Tue, 18 March 2008 17:54]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message