FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Email stopped working after running upgrade to 2.7.7
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Email stopped working after running upgrade to 2.7.7 [message #40705 is a reply to message #40701] Sun, 06 April 2008 18:45 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
BAD35th is currently offline  BAD35th   Canada
I ended up giving up on making mine work...I was never able to resolve what had happened between the upgrades to make it stop working. I compared the promail files and everything else settings wise and even tried restoring backups of some older files selectively but could never isolate a reason why it sudddenly stopped working.

In the end I suggested members subscribe to the threads of forums that they wanted to and that way they would get email with the content of the posts from the forum, most like that and are happy with it. Then I turned of the mailing lists features for good.

Likewise another problem I could never solve and gave up on was why when I go to import my forum data it corrupts everything and renders the website unusable. This is going from 2.7.7 to 2.7.7. I have someone donating me free hosting and I can't even take advantage of it. Confused

The only conclusion I came to is there are some gremlins in the current version of FUD and perhaps these will get resolved in a future update.

Good luck !
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Your php version (4.3.11) is older then the minimum required version (4.3.0). Please install the new
Next Topic: Upgrade Issue: Members List Blank
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 22:42:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03499 seconds