FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Support for "Net Send"/Winpopup
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Support for "Net Send"/Winpopup [message #510 is a reply to message #505] Fri, 15 February 2002 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
ironstorm is currently offline  ironstorm   Canada

prottoss wrote on Thu, 14 February 2002 11:55 PM

Sounds like an interesting idea. If you do write it, I see no problem with adding it as a module that can be enabled/disabled via the global control panel. I can see how it could be useful in an office enviroment where IM clients are not let through the firewall.

Would this kind of functionality require any external non PHP code?

It should be possible to do it natively, however I don't have enough info on the protcol yet to attempt it...

So, for now I'll write a class to handle sending messages, inside I'll check for windows and then use exec "net send MACHINE MESSAGE" in Windows...

Under all other OSes, I'll require that the SAMBA client be installed and use "smbclient -M MACHINE", for this one I have to fopen the process and write as if doing stdin for the body of the message...

I just need to make sure to do escapeshellargs on stuff, so no one can F-around with the command line.

If I get enough info to do it with a native socket connection, then later on I can replace both of those with the native socket version, putting it in a class should make it transparent to the rest of the code.

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message