FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » FUD needs a new default style  () 2 Votes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: FUD needs a new default style [message #6211 is a reply to message #6183] Sat, 05 October 2002 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Matt is currently offline  Matt   United States
Quote:

Can u prove ur claim? How will u know that people are scared off? Only because u don't like the forum's style? There are many people out there, and some of them even dare to have a different opinion, so u can't speak in their name.

You know, I didn't come here to bash FUD, I like it...I'm just giving some feedback. And I do judge forums by the default template to some extent, as do most other people. If FUD has such an amazingly good template that everyone loves except for me, then explain to me why this forum is nearly dead?

This being a good or bad style is not a matter of opinion really, it is bad. And having a good looking style does attract users, take phpbb2 or Invision Board for example. phpbb2 lacks so many basic features, yet it's extremely popular.

Quote:

Well, I am a programmer and not a designer, the layout itself is a refinment of something I've came up with when the forum was written. Until some more graphically inclined person offers a better solution, this will be the layout used.

Maybe you should put out some "help wanted" ads on the main site...there are plenty of skilled people out there who would be eager to help. Smile
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message