FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » problem with blank.gif
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: problem with blank.gif [message #853 is a reply to message #843] Sun, 03 March 2002 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
juicysauce is currently offline  juicysauce   United States
oh boy... so i tried to chomod 666 on the file, but it wouldn't let me do anything. "operation not permitted". so then i got the bright idea to delete the file and then just re-upload file. that seemed to work.

but when i went to my forum page, i got a new error:

Warning: Failed opening 'core.inc' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/juicysauce/forum/include/GLOBALS.php on line 131

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fud_use() in /home/juicysauce/www/forum/index.php on line 22

so then i thought i'd try to re-install the forum. i ran install.php, by got this message after step 2:

FAILED DURING COPY
/home/juicysauce/www/forum_install/install_data/docs/.blank.gif, /home/juicysauce/www/forum/.blank.gif

"aha! so now i see where all this started," i thought to myself. the reason blank.gif was a problem is because it was messed up in the forum_install files. i checked the forum_install path, and sure enough: blank.gif was 0k. i uploaded blank.gif (from the original untarred file bundle) over this one.

but that didn't help matters. i still get both sets of error messages, the first when i try to access the forum, the second when i try to run install.php.

it seems as though replacing the 0k blank.gif with the true blank.gif image has somehow messed up globals.php and/or core.inc?! i can't imagine how/why...

and, as the first paragraph of this message suggests, i can't chmod anything inside home/www/forum. i can chmod the forum folder, but i can't do anything to any files inside it. weird.

[Message index]

Read Message icon9.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Problem Creating Threads
Next Topic: How to disable the message for users under age 13
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]