FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » users are unable to register with the forum, SQL error, fresh install
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: users are unable to register with the forum, SQL error, fresh install [message #9062 is a reply to message #9058] Tue, 11 March 2003 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
bbarnett is currently offline  bbarnett   Canada

Well, I've discovered the issue.

Install FUD forum .8 release. Set up your forums so that none are readable by any registered user. Add a new user. This line:

$lmid=q_singleval("SELECT MAX(last_post_id) FROM fud23_forum WHERE ".($GLOBALS['usr']->is_mod != 'A' ? " id IN(".get_all_perms(_uid).") AND " : '')." cat_id!=0");

gives the error, because get_all_perms(_uid) returns nothing, if the user has no read ability on any forum.

Commenting out the line fixes things for now.

This is something that I'm sure a few people use. I have a closed board, with 10 different forums. Each forum is viewable by new, registered users.. but no forum is readable or postable until that user is added to a group.

Any ideas on a good fix? Quick fix was:

$lmid=q_singleval("SELECT MAX(last_post_id) FROM fud23_forum WHERE ".($GLOBALS['usr']->is_mod != 'A' ? " id IN(".get_all_perms(_uid).") AND " : '')." cat_id!=0");

Changed to :

$boogerface = get_all_perms(_uid);
if ($boogerface) {
$lmid=q_singleval("SELECT MAX(last_post_id) FROM fud23_forum WHERE ".($GLOBALS['usr']->is_mod != 'A' ? " id IN($boogerface) AND " : '')." cat_id!=0");
}
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: how to download newsgroups for first time