FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » user image in this forum doesnt work either
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: user image in this forum doesnt work either [message #954 is a reply to message #953] Thu, 14 March 2002 04:28 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Quote:

um just what is the lates CVS?

Latest CVS is the development version of the forum, which can be downloaded at any point via the anonymous CVS. Frequent snapshots of the CVS tree can be found on the download page of this forum.

Here are the instructions to access the FUDforum CVS tree:
export CVSROOT=":pserver:anonymous(at)forum(dot)prohost(dot)org:/forum"
touch ~/.cvspass
cvs login
[press enter when promted for password]
cvs -z4 checkout forum_install

I am not sure why you are reinstalling the forum each time, since with each version there comes an upgrade script, which upgrades the forum to the latest version while maintaining the data integrity.

Quote:

birthdays aren't saved
user images in the profile don't work

Both are already fixed in the development release.

Quote:

signatures don't work

Can you please elaborate more, do they not show up, they are not being saved? What exactly is the problem?

Quote:

when html is enabled it doesnt use the background specified in the html code.

Does this occur on any particular page and could you give me a sample URL please?

Quote:

script doesn't need to own itself needs to ask me who should get ownership of the directory and that should be what is used for the admin login. Never make a directory belong to Nobody? if its not my directory then I have no right to delete it or administer it.

The script is being ran via the web server, the webserver runs as nobody in your case, it cannot possibly create files with permissions other then its own. The forum since version 1.2 had a File Manager allowing you to chmod files after they've been installed in such a way that YOU can edit/delete them without a problem.

P.S. I am going to add a download link to an upgrade script, which would upgrade an existing forum to latest CVS, this will @ least 2 of the bugs you've reported.

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Thu, 14 March 2002 04:37]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message icon2.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message