FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Windows sever
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon14.gif  Windows sever [message #638] Wed, 20 February 2002 07:38 Go to next message
seang is currently offline  seang   Australia
Like the script very much...

Only thing I noticed was when I tested it on Windows... the install tried to put the unix / at the end of each directory path (and succeeded).

In the GLOBALS.php I had to edit the paths replacing / with \\ and \ with \\ (only in the paths not the URLs of course).

Hope this is of use.....lot less bugs than others I tried!

Regards
Sean
Re: Windows sever [message #643 is a reply to message #638] Wed, 20 February 2002 15:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
seang wrote on Wed, 20 February 2002 2:38 AM

Like the script very much...

Only thing I noticed was when I tested it on Windows... the install tried to put the unix / at the end of each directory path (and succeeded).

In the GLOBALS.php I had to edit the paths replacing / with \\ and \ with \\ (only in the paths not the URLs of course).

Hope this is of use.....lot less bugs than others I tried!

Regards
Sean

Have you tried putting \\ at the end of the directory path, that should have also worked?

Actually on Windows PHP can use / as well as \\ without a problem. The / may be a little unfamiliar to Windows users, who are used to \, but \ is an escape character, so whenever it is used you must enter it as \\ to avoid problems. So, IMHO it is easier to use /.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Windows sever [message #645 is a reply to message #643] Wed, 20 February 2002 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seang is currently offline  seang   Australia
>>Have you tried putting \\ at the end of the directory path,
>>that should have also worked?

Yes that worked well, as I said in my post: "I had to edit the paths replacing / with \\ and \ with \\ (only in the paths not the URLs of course)"

I thin the 'problem' may have been during installation when the path is prefilled with my path eg: E:\www\/....which may have looked at little strange so I edited it to say E:\www\ the end result in the GLOBALs was something like "E:\www\/" wich did not work...howevet manually changing to "E:\\www\\". The double \ as you say to avoid the special character \w and escaping the " with \".

But thanks for you reply.

Sean
Re: Windows sever [message #648 is a reply to message #645] Thu, 21 February 2002 02:59 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
seang wrote on Wed, 20 February 2002 6:52 PM

>>Have you tried putting \\ at the end of the directory path,
>>that should have also worked?

Yes that worked well, as I said in my post: "I had to edit the paths replacing / with \\ and \ with \\ (only in the paths not the URLs of course)"

I thin the 'problem' may have been during installation when the path is prefilled with my path eg: E:\www\/....which may have looked at little strange so I edited it to say E:\www\ the end result in the GLOBALs was something like "E:\www\/" wich did not work...howevet manually changing to "E:\\www\\". The double \ as you say to avoid the special character \w and escaping the " with \".

But thanks for you reply.

Sean

I see the problem. I'll make sure version 1.2.1, which should be out shortly no longer has that problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Need Help - pro i did the consistancy check and i have an error
Next Topic: cannot log in after installing forum
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 19:44:41 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02410 seconds