FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Block anonymous from viewing threads (Block anonymous from viewing threads)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Block anonymous from viewing threads [message #159217] Wed, 13 May 2009 16:58 Go to next message
primrose is currently offline  primrose   United States
I've searched this forum without success. I am trying to block anonymous viewers from seeing any threads. Even if it blocks access to the entire site without signing in is fine with me.

Any ideas?
Re: Block anonymous from viewing threads [message #159218 is a reply to message #159217] Wed, 13 May 2009 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
Navigate to the Group(s) Manager and set Visible and/or Read to No for anonymous users.

Also see documentation at http://cvs.prohost.org/index.php/Moderation#User_Group_Management

Best regards.

Frank
Re: Block anonymous from viewing threads [message #159219 is a reply to message #159217] Wed, 13 May 2009 17:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have changed all access for Global Anonymous Access to NO. Yet anonymous users can still browse threads.
Re: Block anonymous from viewing threads [message #159220 is a reply to message #159219] Wed, 13 May 2009 17:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Strange, I've just tested it on fresh install and it's working like a charm.
Re: Block anonymous from viewing threads [message #159221 is a reply to message #159220] Wed, 13 May 2009 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Just to confirm, did you changed it from the user-land group manager or the Group Manager Control Panel?

Note the explanation on the control panel:

"The permissions shown below ONLY control the permissions group leaders will be able to change for the group's they manage. To change the user permissions please use the user-land group manager."

Thus, you need to go to the user-land group manager to perform the change.
Re: Block anonymous from viewing threads [message #159222 is a reply to message #159217] Wed, 13 May 2009 18:48 Go to previous message
OK I tried making the changes Globably. This didn't work. I had to make the changes per thread topic and now anonymous is not able to read topics.

Many thanks Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Hi, I'm trying to display attached jpg file in the topic
Next Topic: HOWTO concat two threads ?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Jun 06 11:24:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03044 seconds