FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » trying to upgrade my fudforum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
trying to upgrade my fudforum [message #162711] Tue, 06 July 2010 20:15 Go to next message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
Greetings.

I'm trying to upgrade my fudforum without experiencing message loss. I have uploaded the upgrade script, but it appears that my fudforum is too old. Do you have any advice for me?

This is the error message that appears when you access the php upgrade script. I hasten to say that, to me, it seems like the thing has some real issues!
========================

FUDforum $val) { if (!is_array($val)) { $in[$k][$key] = stripslashes($val); continue; } $in[] =& $in[$k][$key]; } } unset($in); if (!empty($_FILES)) { foreach ($_FILES as $k => $v) { $_FILES[$k]['name'] = stripslashes((string)$v['name']); } } } $GLOBALS['PAGE_TIME'] = gettimeofday(); define('__request_timestamp__', $GLOBALS['PAGE_TIME']['sec']); mt_srand($GLOBALS['PAGE_TIME']['usec']); // Load and initialize the plugin handler if ($GLOBALS['FUD_OPT_3'] & 4194304) { // Plugins enabled include_once $GLOBALS['INCLUDE'] . 'plugins.inc'; plugin_activate_enbled(); } function fud_use($file, $static=0) { if ($static) { include_once $GLOBALS['INCLUDE'] . $file; return; } if (!defined('fud_theme')) { define('fud_theme', 'theme/default/'); } include_once $GLOBALS['INCLUDE'] . fud_theme . $file; } function get_random_value($bitlength=32) { $n = round($bitlength/32); $v=''; while (--$n > -1) { $v .= mt_rand(); } return $v; } function get_ip() { if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'])) { $ip = strtok($_SERVER['HTTP_X_FORWARDED_FOR'], ','); do { if (($lip = ip2long($ip)) === -1) { continue; } /* some disallowed ip ranges, that are normally used for private networks * 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 * 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255 * 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 * 127.0.0.1, 255.255.255.255, 0.0.0.0 */ if (!$lip || (($lip >= 167772160) && ($lip <= 184549375)) || (($lip >= -1408237568) && ($lip <= -1407188993)) || (($lip >= -1062731776) && ($lip <= -1062666241)) || ($lip == 2130706433)) { continue; } return long2ip($lip); } while (($ip = strtok(','))); } return (isset($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) ? $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] : '0.0.0.0'); } function ssn($str) { if ($str === null || $str === '') { return 'NULL'; } return _esc($str); } function char_fix($str) { if (strpos($str, '&#') === false) { return $str; } return preg_replace('!&#([0-9]+);!', '&#\1;', $str); } function __ffilesize($fp) { $st = fstat($fp); return (isset($st['size']) ? $st['size'] : $st[7]); } function __fud_cache($t) { if ($GLOBALS['FUD_OPT_3'] & 65536 || $GLOBALS['is_aol']) { return 0; } $mod = gmdate('D, d M Y H:i:s', $t) . ' GMT'; /* send caching headers */ header('Last-Modified: ' . $mod); if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE']) && !isset($_SERVER['HTTP_RANGE']) && $_SERVER['HTTP_IF_MODIFIED_SINCE'] == $mod) { header('HTTP/1.1 304 Not Modified'); header('Status: 304 Not Modified'); return 1; } return 0; } function fud_sql_error_handler($query, $error_string, $error_number, $server_version) { if (db_locked() && !in_array($query, array('COMMIT','COMMIT WORK','UNLOCK TABLES'))) { db_unlock(); } $_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED'] = ''; foreach (debug_backtrace() as $v) { $_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED'] .= "{$v['file']}:{$v['line']}
\n"; } $error_msg = "(".$_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED'].") ".$error_number.": ".$error_string."
\n"; $error_msg .= "Query: ".htmlspecialchars($query)."
\n"; if (!empty($_GET)) { $error_msg .= "_GET: "; if (count($_GET, 1) < 100) { $error_msg .= htmlspecialchars(var_export($_GET, 1)); } else { $error_msg .= "Too many vars: ".count($_GET, 1); } $error_msg .= "
\n"; } if (!empty($_POST)) { $error_msg .= "_POST: "; if (count($_POST, 1) < 100) { $error_msg .= htmlspecialchars(var_export($_POST, 1)); } else { $error_msg .= "Too many vars: ".count($_POST, 1); } $error_msg .= "
\n"; } $error_msg .= "Server Version: ".$server_version."
\n"; if (isset($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'])) { $error_msg .= "[Referring Page] ".htmlspecialchars($_SERVER['HTTP_REFERER'])."
\n"; } $pfx = sprintf("?%-10d?%-10d?", strlen($error_msg) + 1, __request_timestamp__); ini_set('log_errors_max_len', 0); if (!error_log($pfx.$error_msg."\n", 3, $GLOBALS['ERROR_PATH'].'sql_errors')) { echo "UNABLE TO WRITE TO SQL LOG FILE
\n"; echo $error_msg; } else { if (defined('forum_debug') || (isset($GLOBALS['usr']->users_opt) && $GLOBALS['usr']->users_opt & 1048576)) { echo $error_msg; } else { trigger_error('SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log', E_USER_ERROR); if (ini_get('display_errors') !== 1) { exit('SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log'); } } } exit; } ?> must be upgraded to FUDforum version 3.0.0 before it can be upgraded to later release.
Re: trying to upgrade my fudforum [message #162712 is a reply to message #162711] Tue, 06 July 2010 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
naudefj is currently offline  naudefj   South Africa
Administrator
Core Developer
From what version are you upgrading?
Did you upload the upgrade.php script in binary mode?
Re: trying to upgrade my fudforum [message #162713 is a reply to message #162712] Tue, 06 July 2010 20:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't know what version I have, but I downloaded it last summer. Almost one year ago (august). I think I need to upgrade to 3.0 first. I'll do that now.
Re: trying to upgrade my fudforum [message #162714 is a reply to message #162712] Tue, 06 July 2010 22:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi. I'm doing a good job on the upgrade (sort of), but I ran into an ambiguous sort of situation.

When I upgraded to 3.0, the consistency checker window didn't open. So I clicked the link. It asked to to sign in. But, like a fool, I had forgotten that I only allowed sign-ins every 24 hours. And I had logged out earlier. (I had put a 24-hour restriction on log-ins to discourage those flies that hang around the login page). So, anyway, I was not able to complete the consistency checker.

One of the things that I noticed about my forum is that the topic headers were all gone. Just the messages are there.

When I am able to log back in, should I re-run the upgrade to 3.0, and go through the consistency checker? Will that make the headers come back?

(I backed up the thing in case something went wrong.)

Regards and thanks.

[Updated on: Tue, 06 July 2010 22:55]

Report message to a moderator

Re: trying to upgrade my fudforum [message #162715 is a reply to message #162714] Wed, 07 July 2010 06:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can just run the consistency checker whenever you are ready and it should fix everything up for you.
Re: trying to upgrade my fudforum [message #162717 is a reply to message #162715] Wed, 07 July 2010 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
... thanks for all of your help!

I installed two new message boards yesterday, and finished upgrading my old one to the current version.

Everything worked smoothly after I figured out how to do it!
Re: trying to upgrade my fudforum [message #162721 is a reply to message #162717] Thu, 08 July 2010 05:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Great news, thanks for the update.

Please feel free to update the documentation at upgrading with your lessons learned.
Re: trying to upgrade my fudforum [message #163003 is a reply to message #162711] Wed, 15 September 2010 20:22 Go to previous message
mensah3   United States
Looking for assistance with the easiest way to go about migrating and upgrading my forum. currently running 2.7.7 on a windows box. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

thanks

also sorry if this post is in the wrong location. forgive me i am new :~)
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Call to undefined function mb_substr()
Next Topic: Trying to upgrade from2.7.7 to 3.0.1
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 16:57:21 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02653 seconds