FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Groups Manager ACL
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Groups Manager ACL [message #9240] Tue, 18 March 2003 14:39 Go to next message
forrie is currently offline  forrie   United States
I installed another instance of FudForum for testing, and set the Global Access to all "NO" for anonymous unregistered users, yet anonymous users can still see into the forums.

Is this a bug, or must we go in and manually set tags on the other forums to not visible?
Re: Groups Manager ACL [message #9256 is a reply to message #9240] Tue, 18 March 2003 20:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Global Access to No?

If you are talking about 'Global Anonymous Access' & 'Global Registered Access', then you are using the wrong control panel. These two settings merely control the default permissions for all anymous & registered users for new forums.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Groups Manager ACL [message #9257 is a reply to message #9256] Tue, 18 March 2003 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Perhaps I'm not understanding the permissions system(s) correctly. I did read the documentation, but it's not clear to me yet.

For example, here's what I'd like to do: set up a forum that only certain registered users can have access to.

Getting to that level will be tricky, so I can create another forum that I can simply specify isn't visible to anyone that isn't registered... etc.

prottoss wrote on Tue, 18 March 2003 15:54

Global Access to No?

If you are talking about 'Global Anonymous Access' & 'Global Registered Access', then you are using the wrong control panel. These two settings merely control the default permissions for all anymous & registered users for new forums.

Re: Groups Manager ACL [message #9261 is a reply to message #9257] Tue, 18 March 2003 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
For your particular perpouses you are using the wrong control panel, which is the primary cause of the problems you are experiencing.

You should be using the group manager link on the front page visible to the administrator. This will take you to a nice, clear & not to mention simple control panel allowing you to specify permissions for various users.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Groups Manager ACL [message #9263 is a reply to message #9261] Tue, 18 March 2003 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's what I've been using... but it just doesn't seem clear about how to effectively use it. There's a list of all the forums with the permissions on it. Looking at it, one assumes that if you change the default permissions for the "unregistered user" to NO, then that would keep the board from being seen by unauthorized people who, at least, are not registered.

Perhaps some examples in the docs might help? Do you have another page that has some examples of this usage.

Thanks...

prottoss wrote on Tue, 18 March 2003 16:04

For your particular perpouses you are using the wrong control panel, which is the primary cause of the problems you are experiencing.

You should be using the group manager link on the front page visible to the administrator. This will take you to a nice, clear & not to mention simple control panel allowing you to specify permissions for various users.

Re: Groups Manager ACL [message #9936 is a reply to message #9263] Tue, 13 May 2003 13:52 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Once 2.5.0 stable comes out I'll revist the FUDforum manual, I have quite a few things to add and one of the things I'll focus is explanation of the group managment system.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: trouble or bug
Next Topic: Data import doesn't recreate uploaded files
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 21:47:43 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05160 seconds