FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Locking/unlocking files
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Locking/unlocking files [message #9890] Thu, 08 May 2003 02:21 Go to next message
carolyn   United States
I swear I have combed these forums all day looking for an answer, so don't respond with something like RTFM!

The installation seemed to go fine. When I lock the files, though, I lock out everyone including myself. The owner and group are both set to me. I've seen stuff saying the owner is supposed to be set to the web server. I can't chown directories or files. Please tell me there's a simple solution (other than chmod 777!).

Carolyn
Re: Locking/unlocking files [message #10732 is a reply to message #9890] Mon, 09 June 2003 04:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Varen is currently offline  Varen   United States
I ditto this question, I've had the exact same problem. I "lock" files on my remote hosted (unix) server and boom, even I can't get in. I have to call support and have them manually change all permissions. Can anyone please help with this?

Thanks.
Re: Locking/unlocking files [message #10749 is a reply to message #10732] Mon, 09 June 2003 12:54 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Locking files changes permissions of the said files to 0600 and 0700 for directories. Contact your ISP and ask if their setup will have problems opening/running files that have such permissions and are owned by the webserver.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: FUD 2.5.0RC4 on RH7.3 with Ensim (PHP safe mode on)
Next Topic: 2.5.0RC4 - installation error on step 2
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Jun 16 20:11:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04116 seconds