FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » General » General Chit Chat » Just wondering  () 1 Vote
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Just wondering [message #11097] Tue, 17 June 2003 19:03 Go to next message
scoutzilla is currently offline  scoutzilla   United States

I have been using the Template Editor, to edit my header.tmpl file. After saving my changes, all my default forum images get their permissions set to 600, and appear as broken image links (red X in a box). I then have to use my FTP program to reset all the images back to what they were (666). It's no big deal I was just wondering if this is by design or is there some setting that I have set wrong.

thanks

Got Torque?
Re: Just wondering [message #11100 is a reply to message #11097] Tue, 17 June 2003 19:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If your forum is unlocked and the images aquire 600 permission then it's a bug (let me know if that is the case). However, as I've explained to someone earlier the forum runs with the uid/gid of the webserver even with 600 permission it still has the read/write access to the images. The only reason why it would not if your host added some special rules preventing the webserver from accessing those files.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Just wondering [message #11103 is a reply to message #11100] Tue, 17 June 2003 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
scoutzilla is currently offline  scoutzilla   United States

That must be the case, my forum states that it is locked, however most all of the files are 666, except one (it's 755) dirs are 755. When I "unlocked" the files, I end up with Internal server error I have my web host reset the permissions in order for the forum to work. Same thing happend when I recently "locked" the forum.

FYI Victor_M and I use the same hosting service, we have similar problems with them.

Got Torque?
Re: Just wondering [message #11106 is a reply to message #11103] Tue, 17 June 2003 20:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I guess in your particular hosting enviroment you have a rather strange sitatuation. Basically make sure that the FILE_LOCK variable inside GLOBALS.php is set to 'N' and any new files created by the forum should not have any problems.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Just wondering [message #12709 is a reply to message #11100] Mon, 25 August 2003 15:34 Go to previous message
bestweb is currently offline  bestweb   Canada
prottoss wrote on Tue, 17 June 2003 15:06

If your forum is unlocked and the images aquire 600 permission then it's a bug (let me know if that is the case). However, as I've explained to someone earlier the forum runs with the uid/gid of the webserver even with 600 permission it still has the read/write access to the images. The only reason why it would not if your host added some special rules preventing the webserver from accessing those files.

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Scalability?
Next Topic: PHP upgrade woes
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue May 28 20:01:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02270 seconds