FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Login/cookies problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Login/cookies problem [message #11505] Wed, 02 July 2003 17:02 Go to next message
Apok is currently offline  Apok   United States
Fresh installation of 2.5, running on Makdrake 9. Can't log in if cookies enabled is checked. Consistent for myself and all of my users.

Tried clearing all cookies. Used to run 2.3, thought it might be a cookie name conflict. No dice.

Checked prev cookie threads here. Had cookie domain of skullz.org, i've tried .skullz.org and www.skullz.org, to no avail. Also tried changing the cookie name. I search my comp, and don't see any cookies from my site.

Tried disabling URL tracking. I couldn't log in at all, had to manually change globals.php back.

When you try to log in, it kicks you back to that page (home or login, wherever you were) and lists 1 guest as visiting.

Any other suggestions?

tanx!

edit...interestingly enough, i can logon with cookies when using my linux machine.

[Updated on: Thu, 03 July 2003 04:26]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Login/cookies problem [message #11618 is a reply to message #11505] Wed, 09 July 2003 14:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
When accessing from a machine where cookies do not work try to monitor the headers sent by the forum and the ones sent back by the browser. I imagine that while the forum sends cookies browser chooses to ignore them for some reason. Maybe you've told your browser to ignore cookies from that domain.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Login/cookies problem [message #12147 is a reply to message #11618] Wed, 30 July 2003 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morganw is currently offline  morganw   United States
prottoss wrote on Wed, 09 July 2003 10:51

Maybe you've told your browser to ignore cookies from that domain.

I'm having the same problem that Apok describes.

I thought this might be a browser configuration problem, so I turned my IE6 "privacy" settings to prompt for all cookies & not auto-allow session cookies.

I get no prompts when I attempt a login with "Use Cookies?" checked- just returned to the main page, not logged in.

I've verified that the cookie accept/deny prompts are working with other sites.

The Apache access logs are no help- they look the same for successful login with "Use Cookies?" unchecked as unsuccessful with it checked.

Time to look at the source- admlogin.php, admloginuser.php- any other suggestions?

The forum at http://commonsound.org/fud/index.php?t=threadt&frm_id=5 is having this problem also.
Re: Login/cookies problem [message #12151 is a reply to message #12147] Wed, 30 July 2003 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The URL of the forum you gave is using a fairly antiquated version of FUDforum. Can you replicate the problem on a more recent release?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Login/cookies problem [message #12153 is a reply to message #12151] Wed, 30 July 2003 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
morganw is currently offline  morganw   United States
I'm using 2.3.8 with Apache 2.0.47 and PHP 4.3.1 on Solaris (SunOS 5.6) for an internal forum. The one I linked to is the only public forum I ran across complaining about the login vs. cookies problem.

We love the software, by the way. I've removed the checkbox from the login page until I can get this sorted out.

-Morgan
Re: Login/cookies problem [message #12154 is a reply to message #12153] Wed, 30 July 2003 00:50 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Wait till 2.5.1 and then upgrade. Meanwhile I'd strongly recommend installing 2.5.0 on a test server and trying to see if you can replicate the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Deleting forum name
Next Topic: Table 's' was not locked
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 20:35:20 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02450 seconds