FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Error in Login Filters
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Error in Login Filters [message #12052] Sun, 27 July 2003 01:25 Go to next message
davew is currently offline  davew   Australia

When I try to apply a login filter (*.hotmail.com) I get the following (2.5.0RC6) :-

-----------------------------------------------------------

Warning: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in /var/www/html/forum/theme/default/login.php on line 370

Warning: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in /var/www/html/forum/theme/default/login.php on line 370

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/forum/theme/default/login.php:370) in /var/www/html/forum/theme/default/login.php on line 307

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/forum/theme/default/login.php:370) in /var/www/html/forum/theme/default/login.php on line 29

------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers,
Dave

Re: Error in Login Filters [message #12053 is a reply to message #12052] Sun, 27 July 2003 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Is that a login filter or an e-mail filter?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Error in Login Filters [message #12068 is a reply to message #12053] Mon, 28 July 2003 00:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

prottoss wrote on Sun, 27 July 2003 11:14

Is that a login filter or an e-mail filter?

That was a login filter.
Have I cocked something up?
I'm trying to prevent users from registering with hotmail addresses..
Re: Error in Login Filters [message #12073 is a reply to message #12068] Mon, 28 July 2003 02:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If you trying to block users with hotmail e-mail addresses you should've used the e-mail filter and not the login filter.

However the error still should not have happened and I'll take a look @ why it did.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Error in Login Filters [message #12075 is a reply to message #12073] Mon, 28 July 2003 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message

prottoss wrote on Mon, 28 July 2003 12:25

If you trying to block users with hotmail e-mail addresses you should've used the e-mail filter and not the login filter.

However the error still should not have happened and I'll take a look @ why it did.

The email filter doesn't seem to do anything.. still lets me log in with a banned address...
Re: Error in Login Filters [message #12091 is a reply to message #12075] Mon, 28 July 2003 15:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Filters use PCRE regular expression there for you need to enter a valid regular expression. The reason for the error you are seeing and probable reason for your e-mail filter is because you are not using a valid regular expression. For example to block all logins containing hotmail.com you should enter the following filter:
.*hotmail\.com

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Error in Login Filters [message #12118 is a reply to message #12091] Mon, 28 July 2003 23:56 Go to previous message

Thank you - that works beautifully!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Group Leaders Bugs
Next Topic: Deleting forum name
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 20:35:24 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02355 seconds