FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » SQL Post-Installation Problems
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon9.gif  SQL Post-Installation Problems [message #1407] Fri, 12 April 2002 15:17 Go to next message
henry is currently offline  henry   United Kingdom

Hey there,

I've just installed FUDforum-1.2.4 on my standard RedHat box.

Versions are as follows:

mysql-3.22.32
php-4-something

This is what I get at the top of most queries!

Query Failed: SELECT fud_cat.description, fud_cat.name AS cat_name, fud_cat.default_view, fud_cat.allow_collapse, fud_forum.*, fud_forum_read.last_view, fud_msg.id AS msg_id, fud_msg.post_stamp AS msg_post_stamp, fud_users.id AS user_id, fud_users.login AS user_login FROM fud_cat INNER JOIN fud_forum ON fud_cat.id=fud_forum.cat_id AND fud_cat.hidden='N' LEFT JOIN fud_msg ON fud_forum.last_post_id=fud_msg.id LEFT JOIN fud_users ON fud_msg.poster_id=fud_users.id LEFT JOIN fud_forum_read ON fud_forum.id=fud_forum_read.forum_id AND fud_forum_read.user_id=1 WHERE fud_forum.hidden='N' ORDER BY fud_cat.view_order, fud_forum.view_order
Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ON fud_cat.id=fud_forum.cat_id AND fud_cat.hidden='N' LEFT JOIN fud_msg ' at line 5
Server Version: 3.22.32

Any ideas? I did have to edit GLOBALS.php and take out a load of '/''s in order to get it to work at all.

Thanks in advance,

Henry Rolling Eyes
Re: SQL Post-Installation Problems [message #1408 is a reply to message #1407] Fri, 12 April 2002 15:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The SQL problem you are seeing is the fault of your MySQL. Your MySQL version is too old (buggy) and cannot resolve the inner join. The very same query runs fine on all the mysql 3.23.X I've tried.

As for '\' problem, I am trying to track that down, could you tell me exactly which PHP version you are using and if possible show me your phpinfo() output.

Thanks.

P.S. mysql.org has RPM packages of later MySQL, you may want to grab one of them, should take more then 5 mins to install.

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Fri, 12 April 2002 15:21]

Report message to a moderator

Re: SQL Post-Installation Problems [message #1412 is a reply to message #1408] Fri, 12 April 2002 16:02 Go to previous message
henry is currently offline  henry   United Kingdom

Thanks for that!

I've updated mySQL, works fantastically.

Regards,

Henry
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Removing links from login.php
Next Topic: Java error when i try too use Formatting tools
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 20:11:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02258 seconds