FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » NNTP suggestion 2
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
NNTP suggestion 2 [message #16228] Tue, 20 January 2004 23:40 Go to next message
KVentz is currently offline  KVentz   Russian Federation
Well... Continuing with NNTP suggestions. Smile

Some newsgroups (like fidonet groups) accept messages only from registered users. They identify users by email (that is public) and a special random number or word (that is secret). This number should be append to email. NNTP server get a message with a number appended to email address, read number, cut it from email and post the message into group.

So the problem is FUD doesn't have a field with this number in user profile and nntp.php doesn't have a feature to append this number to email address when sending a message to newsgroup.

I don't think that this is very hard to made, but it will be very useful.

[Updated on: Tue, 20 January 2004 23:46]

Report message to a moderator

Re: NNTP suggestion 2 [message #16299 is a reply to message #16228] Sun, 25 January 2004 17:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I think this something a long of a custom hack you'd do if you encounter such a situation. Various NTTP servers implement various non-standard tricks which are unique to each server to validate users. I do not want to bloat the code with various handlers for those situations.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: NNTP suggestion 2 [message #16395 is a reply to message #16228] Wed, 28 January 2004 04:37 Go to previous message
Anonymous   Singapore
No Message Body
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: size of the font
Next Topic: User list in admin panel
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 15:49:12 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02722 seconds