FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Changed E-mail address - Is there a confirmation ?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon5.gif  Changed E-mail address - Is there a confirmation ? [message #16927] Mon, 01 March 2004 00:26 Go to next message
wfjmueller is currently offline  wfjmueller   Germany
I changed my E-mail address in the Profile - Settings dialog. The green text "If you change your current email address, your account will be marked unconfirmed until you confirm it via e-mail" suggests, that
  • one gets an email and has to click on a confirmation link
  • the account is blocked until the confirmation is done

It turns out, that I get now notification email to my new address, but I never received a confirmation note, and certainly I never clicked on a confirmation link. So I wonder what's behind the green text.
Re: Changed E-mail address - Is there a confirmation ? [message #16960 is a reply to message #16927] Sat, 06 March 2004 21:23 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You will get e-mail notifications to your new address right away. In the forums where e-mail confirmation is required you will not be able to post messages and perform other (registered user only) actions until the new e-mail address is confirmed. On the forum with e-mail confirmation disabled there won't be a need to perform any actions.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Only 1 session per user -- Is it a feature ? Should there be a message ?
Next Topic: Post notifications
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 08:56:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02689 seconds