FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » size limit of error log
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
size limit of error log [message #16929] Mon, 01 March 2004 10:05 Go to next message
christo is currently offline  christo   Germany
Hi,

I got the following not so informative php errors when I tried to view the error log:

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 79 bytes) in /var/www/FUDforum2/adm/admerr.php on line 33

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 8388608 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 11 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

The file /var/lib/FUDforum2/errors/fud_errors was about 7.3 MB. After rotating the file, everything works fine again.

I don't know how to increase the php memory limit, but I don't think it would make much sense in this case either, as the generated HTML page would be huge as well.

Feature request: make the log readable from the cli without use of base64-decode Grin

Christopher Huhn, GSI Darmstadt, Germany
Re: size limit of error log [message #16963 is a reply to message #16929] Sat, 06 March 2004 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The log file should be rotate frequently Smile

Making is human readable could result in some data (binary data) from being messed up presenting a less useful error message.

Plus it ensures that when users show the error (to me for debugging) it is always complete.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: size limit of error log [message #17024 is a reply to message #16963] Wed, 10 March 2004 15:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I noticed that the complete error logs are included in data dumps of the forum created using the admin interface.

Are these any value, when you do a restore? IMHO this is only a waste of space.

Re: size limit of error log [message #17026 is a reply to message #17024] Wed, 10 March 2004 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If you think they are a waste (you could be right Wink ) simply delete them before doing a datadump. Rather then making many exception for various possibly unneeded files forum datadump grabs everything inside forum's directories just to be sure nothing is missed.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: size limit of error log [message #17045 is a reply to message #17026] Fri, 12 March 2004 10:07 Go to previous message
I see your point Smile

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Problems with notification email links in 2.6.0
Next Topic: upgrade erasesd all my customisations -- am i seeing things ??
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 08:09:06 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05683 seconds