FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Mailing List - maillist.php
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Mailing List - maillist.php [message #16982] Sun, 07 March 2004 22:13 Go to next message
buko   Slovakia
Hello developers!

I'm having problems with Mailing List to FUDforum gateway.

I've added procmail rule to catch mail from mailing list to my .procmailrc

But I've got problem with permissions all the time, since all files under FUDforum directory were created under nobody.nobody user.group I had to add the user which actualy receives mail to nobody group but then, still the maillist.php script is not working. Heres the output when I run it standalone:

/public_html/FUDforum/errors$ /home/atlantis/public_html/FUDforum/scripts/maillist.php 1
File 'NONEXISTENT/charsets/?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2)
Character set '#9' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the 'NONEXISTENT/charsets/Index' file
ds
asdasdasd
(some data entered, ended with ^D)...
Warning: fopen(/home/atlantis/public_html/FUDforum/messages/msg_1): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/atlantis/public_html/FUDforum/include/theme/default/imsg_edt.inc on line 523

Warning: fseek(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/atlantis/public_html/FUDforum/include/theme/default/imsg_edt.inc on line 524

Warning: ftell(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/atlantis/public_html/FUDforum/include/theme/default/imsg_edt.inc on line 525

Warning: fstat(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/atlantis/public_html/FUDforum/include/core.inc on line 147

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/atlantis/public_html/FUDforum/include/theme/default/imsg_edt.inc on line 535
FATAL ERROR: system has ran out of disk space<br>

Can you please help me how to correctly set up permissions when running maillist.php from procmail?

Thanks
Ivan
Re: Mailing List - maillist.php [message #16983 is a reply to message #16982] Sun, 07 March 2004 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Use the admin control panel to unlock the forum's files.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Mailing List - maillist.php [message #16984 is a reply to message #16982] Sun, 07 March 2004 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
buko   Slovakia
Thanks!

No need to use control panel, I got shell access Smile

I had to change permission chmod g+r on /FUDforum/messages/msg_1 to make it work. now it works great, but sometimes this appears in procmail log:
procmail: Non-zero exitcode (255) from "/home/atlantis/public_html/FUDforum/scripts/maillist.php"
But the message get delivered to forum anyway.

Probably you should note a few things on permissions in Mailing List Manager chapter, because not many people can realize where to set right permissions.

Last question - what about this?

File 'NONEXISTENT/charsets/?.conf' not found (Errcode: 2)
Character set '#9' is not a compiled character set and is not specified in the 'NONEXISTENT/charsets/Index' file

How do i get rid of this error?

Re: Mailing List - maillist.php [message #16985 is a reply to message #16984] Mon, 08 March 2004 03:02 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Not sure about that error especially since it does not say on what line the error happens.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Error on index.php (After Install)
Next Topic: upgrade problems
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 19:35:27 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02372 seconds