FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » upgrade erasesd all my customisations -- am i seeing things ??
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
upgrade erasesd all my customisations -- am i seeing things ?? [message #17033] Thu, 11 March 2004 13:47 Go to next message
bobmurphy is currently offline  bobmurphy   Ireland
i've just upgraded from 2.6 rc 11 to 2.6.0 and now i dont have any of my customisations -- mainly they were in the header.tmpl file and ive checked and it's back to default -- please tell me there is some way of retrieving all this work -- i thought it was sufficient just to run the upgrade script
Re: upgrade erasesd all my customisations -- am i seeing things ?? [message #17035 is a reply to message #17033] Thu, 11 March 2004 15:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Templates changes are not always carried over between upgrades. The old templates can be found inside errors/.backup/ directory.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: upgrade erasesd all my customisations -- am i seeing things ?? [message #17036 is a reply to message #17035] Thu, 11 March 2004 16:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant find this directory - all i can see in the errors directory are three files - i have included a screenshot -- can you point it out for me
  • Attachment: screen.jpg
    (Size: 91.79KB, Downloaded 730 times)
Re: upgrade erasesd all my customisations -- am i seeing things ?? [message #17037 is a reply to message #17036] Thu, 11 March 2004 16:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
make sure you ftp client shows hidden directories.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: upgrade erasesd all my customisations -- am i seeing things ?? [message #17038 is a reply to message #17037] Thu, 11 March 2004 17:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok - got that sorted -- but now there are several versions of the .tmpl files and they all have numbers after them -- how do i know what ones to use and how to read the numbers -- i want to put all files back to the way they were this morning if possible.
Re: upgrade erasesd all my customisations -- am i seeing things ?? [message #17039 is a reply to message #17038] Thu, 11 March 2004 17:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Sort them by date, the one you want will have the latest date.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: upgrade erasesd all my customisations -- am i seeing things ?? [message #17040 is a reply to message #17039] Fri, 12 March 2004 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there are 10 different file types in the folder:
.tmpl
.hpl
.inc
.js
.php
.png
.php.t
.inc.t
.tbl
one that has no extension

each of these has two versions - one with an underscore and a name after it

there are over 500 files

do i have to replace each one ( i have tried replacing just the .tmpl files but i got an error when i rebuilt )

if i do then please tell me the folders to put them in, which ones i can get away without replacing and what to do about the double naming with the underscore
Re: upgrade erasesd all my customisations -- am i seeing things ?? [message #17041 is a reply to message #17040] Fri, 12 March 2004 01:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You cannot just take old files and replace new ones with them if that were possible they wouldn't be modified in the 1st place. You need to manually copy your changes from relevant .tmpl into the new ones.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: upgrade erasesd all my customisations -- am i seeing things ?? [message #17043 is a reply to message #17041] Fri, 12 March 2004 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok - one question - are there any issues to do with, what i would term "assosiated code" -- ie sections of code which are dependant on other sections of code - i am not sure how the internals of the forum work and am wanting to know if i pick and choose parts of the backed up code would the forum be generaly able to handle it - or would i have to be diligent to copy over every single part of the original customizations - ( because if it's the latter then i'm not sure i'd be able to remember them all - and just getting the main parts would be good enough anyway )

Re: upgrade erasesd all my customisations -- am i seeing things ?? [message #17050 is a reply to message #17043] Fri, 12 March 2004 20:01 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Depends on a situation, in all instances diligence will take a little longer but will ensure that the end result works with minimum difficulties. I would recommend making a patch file between the original and the changed version and trying to apply the patch against the new source/templates. If patch applies cleanly you are set, if it does not you'll probably need to make a few adjustments to work with the newer code.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: size limit of error log
Next Topic: RDF Feeds seem broken in 2.6.3RC3
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 08:30:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02480 seconds