FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » msg_1 file permissions change when "Compact Messages"
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
msg_1 file permissions change when "Compact Messages" [message #18371] Wed, 19 May 2004 17:42 Go to next message
hari is currently offline  hari   United States
My forum is synchronized with a mailing list, which requires FUDforum/messages/msg_1 to be group/world writable.

Whenever I select "Compact Messages" from the admin menu, it resets the permissions to 644, and I have to manually change them back. If I don't, mailing list messages don't get posted to the forum.

It's no big deal, but this problem has been around for a while, and it is a nuisance if I forget to change the permissions to 666.
Re: msg_1 file permissions change when "Compact Messages" [message #18373 is a reply to message #18371] Wed, 19 May 2004 18:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
What version of the forum are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: msg_1 file permissions change when "Compact Messages" [message #18391 is a reply to message #18373] Thu, 20 May 2004 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hari is currently offline  hari   United States
I upgraded to 2.6.3 this morning. I tried the "Compact Messages" option just now and it changed the permissions of msg_1.

I've noticed this behavior with every version of the forum that I've used (it's only been about six months).
Re: msg_1 file permissions change when "Compact Messages" [message #18394 is a reply to message #18391] Thu, 20 May 2004 13:55 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Fixed in CVS, here is the patch:
http://cvs.prohost.org/c/index.cgi/FUDforum/chngview?cn=2775

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Problems with FUDforum's File Manager
Next Topic: Very minor user interface problem
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]