FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » RSS feed integration in a forum
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
RSS feed integration in a forum [message #19120] Fri, 25 June 2004 21:55 Go to next message
Anonymous   France
It would be very interesting to be able (the administrator) to integrate one or several RSS feeds in one forum.

Denis
Re: RSS feed integration in a forum [message #19122 is a reply to message #19120] Fri, 25 June 2004 22:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   United Kingdom
Hi, yes it would be interesting. What application do you have in mind?
Re: RSS feed integration in a forum [message #19123 is a reply to message #19122] Fri, 25 June 2004 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alansmith is currently offline  alansmith   United Kingdom
Hi, I posted the last message. This forum has picked up a guesting anomoly. I have noticed this in a few places. Is it me?

There is a thread about it here: http://www.frontpagewebmaster.com/m-207481/mpage-1/key-//tm.htm#207481

Re: RSS feed integration in a forum [message #19127 is a reply to message #19120] Sat, 26 June 2004 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   France
I use that a lot in phpBB. Suppose you have a forum on J2EE. You can include in the forum all interesting RSS feed on the subject (news, bugs..) in order to informe the community easily
Re: RSS feed integration in a forum [message #19558 is a reply to message #19120] Wed, 04 August 2004 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anonymous   United States
I was considering writing such a script. It would require the use of FudAPI and as such bypass the normal login routine. Also you couldn't really set it on a timer unless you have access to the system to create a cronjob so it would have to be updated manually.
Re: RSS feed integration in a forum [message #19561 is a reply to message #19120] Thu, 05 August 2004 01:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
zushiba is currently offline  zushiba   United States
I've done something kinda like what you are asking for.
http://www.lanpirates.net/fud/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=12
the above forum posts are generated by the following RSS feed
http://www.animesuki.com/rss.php
At the moment the script will readd all the items over and over again. I am still working on only adding new items on every update. But if you want to look at the code let me know.
It's very simple using MagpieRSS parser and FudAPI.
Re: RSS feed integration in a forum [message #21657 is a reply to message #19561] Wed, 08 December 2004 17:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did this go anywhere?

Are RSS feeds working with Fud yet?
Re: RSS feed integration in a forum [message #21659 is a reply to message #21657] Wed, 08 December 2004 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This was implemented many months ago.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: RSS feed integration in a forum [message #21666 is a reply to message #21659] Thu, 09 December 2004 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Looked through announcements, didn't see anything about pulling RSS feeds into fourms - only saw how to generate RSS feeds from forums. Maybe I wasn't looking for the right keyword. Where is there more information on how turn an incoming RSS feed into forum posts?

Thanks.

Re: RSS feed integration in a forum [message #21672 is a reply to message #21666] Thu, 09 December 2004 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Incomming RSS requires a bit of code on your part, but the main code for making messages can be found inside FUD API (/scripts/fudapi.inc.php)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: RSS feed integration in a forum [message #21679 is a reply to message #19120] Thu, 09 December 2004 19:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I stopped working on this project a while back but I did get as far as inserting an RSS feed into a given forum as new topics. If anyone wants what code I do have feel free to email me.
Re: RSS feed integration in a forum [message #21680 is a reply to message #19120] Thu, 09 December 2004 19:53 Go to previous message
zushiba is currently offline  zushiba   United States
Sorry thought I was logged in ^ the above message was mine.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: class gzip_encode
Next Topic: Sales email address does not work
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Jun 04 12:11:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02623 seconds