FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Deleted Files
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon8.gif  Deleted Files [message #2509] Fri, 10 May 2002 15:56 Go to next message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
I accidentally deleted the files in the include folder. I did the cvs checkout using WINCVS but the only files in that folder are the GLOBAL files

I need the other files!

HELP!

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: Deleted Files [message #2510 is a reply to message #2509] Fri, 10 May 2002 16:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The include files in the "include" folder with the exception of GLOBALS.php are built during the compile process.
You can fix the problem using the following php script:

<?php
define('SHELL_SCRIPT', 1);
include "FULL_PATH_TO_GLOBALS.php";
fud_use('static/adm.inc');
fud_use('static/compiler.inc');

$ts = time();
compile_all();
$te = time();

echo "recompiled in: ".($te-$ts)." seconds\n";
?>

Although if you didn't fix up your GLOBALS.php with all the proper paths and mysql access info or don't have a backup of that file you have got your self a problem that can only be fixed by a re-install.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Deleted Files [message #2512 is a reply to message #2510] Fri, 10 May 2002 16:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yep, I have a copy of the GLOBALS file

but I keep getting the following error

Warning: Failed opening '/home/acct351/public_html/fudforum/nb/include/core.inc' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/saint351/public_html/fudforum/nb/include/GLOBALS.php on line 119

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: fud_use() in /home/acct351/public_html/fudforum/nb/include/ii2.php on line 4

I have the following in the ii2.php file and run from the include folder:

1<?php
2 define('SHELL_SCRIPT', 1);
3 include "/home/saint351/public_html/fudforum/nb/include/GLOBALS.php";
4 fud_use('static/adm.inc');
5 fud_use('static/compiler.inc');

my GLOBALS show

$INCLUDE = "/home/acct351/public_html/fudforum/nb/include/";

and there is no core.inc in the include folder...( I did see one in the template\src folder though ).

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."

[Updated on: Fri, 10 May 2002 16:58]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Deleted Files [message #2513 is a reply to message #2512] Fri, 10 May 2002 16:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I see the problem...

Edit your GLOBALS.php file, go to the 2nd last line which does
"include_once" and add

if( !defined('SHELL_SCRIPT') )

right before that line.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Deleted Files [message #2514 is a reply to message #2513] Fri, 10 May 2002 17:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Errr 1 sec ignore the previous post...

You also need to add the following piece of code to your "compile script".

function fud_use($file)
{
include_once $GLOBALS["INCLUDE"].$file;
}

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Fri, 10 May 2002 17:01]

Re: Deleted Files [message #2516 is a reply to message #2514] Fri, 10 May 2002 17:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
compiled in 4 seconds but now I get this when I try to start the forum...

Warning: Failed opening 'GLOBALS.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/acct351/public_html/fudforum/br/index.php on line 20

Warning: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/acct351/public_html/fudforum/br/index.php on line 112

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: NO) in /home/acct351/public_html/fudforum/br/index.php on line 112

Warning: fopen("errors.inc","ab") - Permission denied in /home/acct351/public_html/fudforum/br/index.php on line 28

Unable to open error file

Gene
Re: Deleted Files [message #2517 is a reply to message #2516] Fri, 10 May 2002 17:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Easily fixed...

You need to make 2 symlinks to the GLOBALS.php inside the include dir.
One symlink from the "/home/acct351/public_html/fudforum/br/" directory and 1 symlink from the "/home/acct351/public_html/fudforum/br/adm/" directory.
If they already exist check the permissions on the GLOBALS.php file, make sure the webserver can read/write to it, the permissions on the file should be 666.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Deleted Files [message #2520 is a reply to message #2517] Fri, 10 May 2002 17:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GLOBALS set at 666
and while I have no clue as to what a symlink is much less how to create one, I did see one each in the folders you mentioned...

Gene
Re: Deleted Files [message #2527 is a reply to message #2520] Fri, 10 May 2002 17:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
you can create symlinks using "ln" utility.
For example: ln -s SOURCE DESTINATION

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Deleted Files [message #2529 is a reply to message #2527] Fri, 10 May 2002 18:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, they are there but sam error

Gene
Re: Deleted Files [message #2530 is a reply to message #2529] Fri, 10 May 2002 18:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
What are the permissions on the symlinks?

Alsom are you running win safe_mode enabled?

FUDforum Core Developer

[Updated on: Fri, 10 May 2002 18:23]

Re: Deleted Files [message #2532 is a reply to message #2530] Fri, 10 May 2002 19:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i use ws_ftp and smartFTP to ftp in and chmod and neither will allow me to chmod the link files

I think the safe mode is off

Gene
Re: Deleted Files [message #2533 is a reply to message #2530] Fri, 10 May 2002 19:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm..

it's working again...

Thanks for your help...that is the first time I've ever done something like that and I've been at it on the web since '96...I just started using smartFTP and that is where I deleted the files.

I guess I need to take out those changes to I make...

Gene
Re: Deleted Files [message #2536 is a reply to message #2530] Fri, 10 May 2002 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hold the phone...grrrr

tried to change the header template and get this error..

Undefined sec: public_page_stats

I'm getting gunshy about using the template editor!!! Shocked

Gene
Re: Deleted Files [message #2537 is a reply to message #2536] Fri, 10 May 2002 19:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
That is because you got source which is more recent then the templates files. The compiler complained about a missing template as the result.

You need to grab stats.tmpl from the CVS and replace your stats.tmpl with it.

Instead of building broken pages the compiler actually told you what was wrong, very good idea IMHO.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon14.gif  Re: Deleted Files [message #2538 is a reply to message #2537] Fri, 10 May 2002 19:49 Go to previous message
well, you guys have done an outstanding job with this software...

Very Happy

Gene
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Problems, big problems...
Next Topic: styles folder is protected and cannot be altered
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 16:19:31 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01942 seconds