FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » New install on coolfreepage free server
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
New install on coolfreepage free server [message #3518] Fri, 28 June 2002 05:46 Go to next message
rainplanet is currently offline  rainplanet   Indonesia
I am trying to install FUD Forum on coolfreepage free server. But I am faced with problem in passing first step. My url is http://gbib.iwebland.com/install.php

I want to install FUD Forum on a directory in /forum/ directory.

I have chmode the parent dir (forum) to 777 but still I got a message that installation can't create new dir.

Please advise. Thanks.

Work hard, play hard!
Re: New install on coolfreepage free server [message #3519 is a reply to message #3518] Fri, 28 June 2002 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you show me the exact error as well as the values you've entered in the 1st step of the installation.

Unless you've specified that you want to store both data and web files in the same dir, there should've been 2 directories you needed to create manually and chmod 777.

Also, does your system have safe_mode enabled, you would have recieved warnings about it at the top of the install script.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: New install on coolfreepage free server [message #3528 is a reply to message #3518] Sat, 29 June 2002 02:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rainplanet is currently offline  rainplanet   Indonesia
First of all, my system have safe_mode enabled. As I said, my url is http://gbib.iwebland.com/ and I put the installation file on the root directory. When I execute http://gbib.iwebland.com/install.php via browser, I found belows:

Quote:

Server Root: /user/iwebland.com/gbib/forum/
Forum Data Root: /users/iwebland.com/forum/
Forum WWW Root: http://gbib.iwebland.com/forum

I didn't change the directory structure and click Next button.

Afterwards, I found this errors message:

Quote:

Warning: MkDir failed (Permission denied) in /users/iwebland.com/gbib/install.php on line 292

Server Root: The directory you have specified (/users/iwebland.com/gbib/forum/) already exists and is not owned by the web server.

Forum Data Root: The directory you have specified (/users/iwebland.com/forum/) already exists and is not owned by the web server.

I read in the manual that when the system have safe_mode enabled, we can't create the directory manually and let the install.php file create the directory for us. But the installation also can't create the directory.

Please help. If you don't mind, you can run the install.php file on your browser. Thanks.

Work hard, play hard!
Re: New install on coolfreepage free server [message #3532 is a reply to message #3528] Sat, 29 June 2002 07:10 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Got a 404 while trying to acess the page.

Since you have safe_mode enabled, you cannot install the forum into an existing directory. What you need to do is to allow the install script to create the final directories you want the forum data to be stored in.
For example, if you wanted to install FUDforum into "/user/iwebland.com/gbib/forum/"
you'd remove the /user/iwebland.com/gbib/forum/ if it already existed, chmod /user/iwebland.com/gbib/ 777 and run install script specifying /user/iwebland.com/gbib/forum/ as the Server Root.
Once the installer finished you'd need to chmod /user/iwebland.com/gbib/ back to its original permissions, most likely 755.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: IIS Variable Question
Next Topic: Upgrade from 1.9.9-RC1-BETA to 2.0.2
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 21:14:49 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02648 seconds