FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Upgrade from 1.9.9-RC1-BETA to 2.0.2
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Upgrade from 1.9.9-RC1-BETA to 2.0.2 [message #3533] Sat, 29 June 2002 07:54 Go to next message
Retzgesick is currently offline  Retzgesick   Germany
I tried to upgrade to FUDForum version 2.0.2 from 1.9.9-RC1-BETA
I chowned all Webserver Files belonging to the Forum to the user who runs the webserver (wwwrun).

I copied the upgrade.php script (from archive FUDforum2_20020613.tar.bz) to the webservers root and opened it with my browser.

The upgrade complains:
Beginning SQL Upgrades

Duplicate column name 'message_threshold'
Key column 'hidden' doesn't exist in table
SQL Upgrade Complete

After that the Consistency Check was called automatically and went through. So far so good. The Forum showed then being version 2.0.2. But when I tried to read some old postings, following error message appears:

Error in function/script: db.inc
has caused the following error: query failed: %( SELECT HIGH_PRIORITY
<a lot of table references omitted>
ORDER BY id ASC )% because %( Unknown column 'fud2_users.email_messages' in 'field list' )%
while processing script name: /opt/software-forum/msg.php

Script Accessed: /opt/software-forum/msg.php

Query Failed: SELECT HIGH_PRIORITY fud2_msg.*, fud2_thread.locked, fud2_thread.root_msg_id, fud2_thread.last_post_id, fud2_thread.forum_id, fud2_forum.message_threshold, fud2_avatar.img AS avatar, fud2_users.id AS user_id, fud2_users.login, fud2_users.display_email, fud2_users.avatar_approved, fud2_users.avatar_loc, fud2_users.email, fud2_users.posted_msg_count, fud2_users.join_date, fud2_users.location, fud2_users.sig, fud2_users.custom_status, fud2_users.icq, fud2_users.jabber, fud2_users.aim, fud2_users.msnm, fud2_users.yahoo, fud2_users.invisible_mode, fud2_users.email_messages, fud2_users.is_mod, fud2_users.last_visit AS time_sec, fud2_level.name AS level_name, fud2_level.pri AS level_pri, fud2_level.img AS level_img FROM fud2_msg INNER JOIN fud2_thread ON fud2_msg.thread_id=fud2_thread.id INNER JOIN fud2_forum ON fud2_thread.forum_id=fud2_forum.id LEFT JOIN fud2_users ON fud2_msg.poster_id=fud2_users.id LEFT JOIN fud2_avatar ON fud2_users.avatar=fud2_avatar.id LEFT JOIN fud2_level ON fud2_users.level_id=fud2_level.id WHERE fud2_msg.id IN(1) ORDER BY id ASC
Reason: Unknown column 'fud2_users.email_messages' in 'field list'
Server Version: 3.23.33-log

I looked into the MySQL database and found that there is no column "email_messages" in table fud2_users, but there is a column "private_messages".

Maybe the upgrade script forgot to alter the table name?

What can I do now to correct this?

I made backups of the database and the webserver directories, so it is no problem to restore the forum with the old version 1.9.9 RC1 and to run the upgrade again.

Thanx in advance for your help.

Rainer Vietz
Re: Upgrade from 1.9.9-RC1-BETA to 2.0.2 [message #3534 is a reply to message #3533] Sat, 29 June 2002 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
It does appear like an alter query is missing.

To fix the problem, log into the mysql and running the following query:

ALTER TABLE fud2_users CHANGE private_messages email_messages ENUM('Y', 'N') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Y';

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Upgrade from 1.9.9-RC1-BETA to 2.0.2 [message #3535 is a reply to message #3534] Sat, 29 June 2002 08:29 Go to previous message
Retzgesick is currently offline  Retzgesick   Germany
Thank you very much protoss, that worked very well.

I think I have to learn SQL very soon, because this problem I could have solved by myself Sad

Rainer Vietz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: New install on coolfreepage free server
Next Topic: Registered users can't see topics
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 21:12:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06790 seconds