FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon3.gif  Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4067] Sat, 13 July 2002 07:38 Go to next message
james is currently offline  james   United States
Upon trying to upgrade my forums that had 330 messages total from version 2.0.2 to version 2.2.3, the browser took a long time to run upgrade.php, then it gave me this:

Beginning the file upgrade process
Couldn't open /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/james..us/httpdocs/forumdata/cache/fi le_filter_regexp for write

Now my forums (<a href="http://james..us/terabyte/forum/" target=_new>http://james..us/terabyte/forum/</a>) do not work at all; they give that 'forums offline for the next few minutes' message. Help!

[Updated on: Tue, 27 February 2007 03:25]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4068 is a reply to message #4067] Sat, 13 July 2002 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the way, I ran this upgrade script on a test forum with no messages in it and it worked just fine (same server).
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4069 is a reply to message #4067] Sat, 13 July 2002 07:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also - I can't run the 'Administrators Log In Here' link. It brings me back to the same error page.
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4070 is a reply to message #4067] Sat, 13 July 2002 14:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Remove the
/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/james.pirruccello.us/httpdocs/forumdata/cache/fi le_filter_regexp

File if it exists and re-run the upgrade script.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4071 is a reply to message #4070] Sat, 13 July 2002 17:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. I did that, and now I get the following error messages:

Beginning the file upgrade process
Unable to open (/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/james..us/httpdocs/forumdata/sql/mys ql/fud_users.tbl) in (/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/james..us/httpdocs/terabyte/forum)

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10805 is not allowed to access /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/james..us/httpdocs/forumdata/sql/mysq l/fud_users.tbl owned by uid 2526 in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/james..us/httpdocs/terabyte/forum/upg rade.php on line 136
Couldn't open /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/james..us/httpdocs/forumdata/sql/mysq l/fud_users.tbl for write

[Updated on: Tue, 27 February 2007 03:26]

Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4072 is a reply to message #4071] Sat, 13 July 2002 17:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I doubt that I would want to delete that, and even if I did, I get permission denied when trying to delete it.
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4073 is a reply to message #4072] Sat, 13 July 2002 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Uhm... is it running upgrade.php or upgrade_safe.php?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4074 is a reply to message #4073] Sat, 13 July 2002 17:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Upgrade.php upgrade_safe.php gives a 404 error.
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4075 is a reply to message #4074] Sat, 13 July 2002 17:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used PHPMyExplorer to create a copy of upgrade.php and then delete the original and run the copy. Now I get:

SAFE_MODE is enabled!
Use the file manager to upload this script into the WWW_SERVER_ROOT directory

However, I cannot get to the file manager to upload that script anyways! Also, I cannot upload via browser more than 2 megs to my server.
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4076 is a reply to message #4075] Sat, 13 July 2002 17:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
However, because I was able to move that file around via phpmyexplorer (thus giving it 'apache' acces rights, rather than my ftp user login) the upgrade_safe was created. This is probably good, but it is still not working.
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4077 is a reply to message #4076] Sat, 13 July 2002 17:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
when you ran upgrade_safe.php script (owner apache), what errors did you get?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4078 is a reply to message #4077] Sat, 13 July 2002 18:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I keep getting

SAFE_MODE is enabled!
Use the file manager to upload this script into the WWW_SERVER_ROOT directory

I cannot upload the file via browser because of restrictions my host places on me. However, I believe that copying the file with phpmyexplorer should create a new file with owner apache. At least, last time I copied a file with the program, that's what happened.
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4079 is a reply to message #4078] Sat, 13 July 2002 18:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
okie..

Can you place the attached debug.php in your forum's main web dir an PM or email me the url.

Thanks.
  • Attachment: debug.php
    (Size: 5.80KB, Downloaded 505 times)

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4086 is a reply to message #4079] Sat, 13 July 2002 21:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I have placed that in the directory specified in PM and e-mail.
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4087 is a reply to message #4086] Sat, 13 July 2002 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Sent you a reply Wink

Should be working now, once you follow the simple step inside the email I've sent you.

Please do not forget to remove the debug.php script.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4088 is a reply to message #4087] Sat, 13 July 2002 21:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks. I was able to get to the login page (not the index file but the admin login page), and I was given the following errors.
[list of errors deleted due to privacy issues]

I appreciate your help very much!

[Updated on: Tue, 27 February 2007 03:27]

Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4089 is a reply to message #4088] Sat, 13 July 2002 21:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
can you please put the debug script back Wink

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4090 is a reply to message #4067] Sat, 13 July 2002 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Resolved.

The problem was a compound issue due to a BAD combination of Frontpage Extensions & Safe Mode.

The forum is running fine now on FUDforum 2.2.3 and no data was lost.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4107 is a reply to message #4090] Sun, 14 July 2002 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for helping me so much with that. I'm going to make a little paypal donation today because of all of your help. I'm still getting errors, however. Most are not fatal.

When trying to post, users see:

I believe this means that FUDforum did not create these files and thus does not have rights to them. Is this correct?

[Updated on: Tue, 27 February 2007 03:27]

Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4108 is a reply to message #4107] Sun, 14 July 2002 20:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Also, I tried to post a reply to a current thread, and I got the error message described above. Instead of my post showing up, I got this:

Just testing a few capabilities of the new forums. Enjoyus just siting here repliing to each other isnt working we need to find a way to tell people about the siteThat is true. I was looking through my website stuff and I have like 2000 remaining impressions on the LinkExchange banner network - so I'm thinking that I'll get a banner exchange up in a day or two and we should get visitors flowing in. Also, I've been adding the site to search engines and stuff. I'm in the process of merging one of my old cheat websites into this website (which will give

This is very odd because it is garbled, mixed up text from another set of threads in another forum!!! That is amazing. It's like it's pulling information from the wrong location.

I may just try to do a db backup, then delete the forums and install fresh the FUDforums.
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4110 is a reply to message #4108] Mon, 15 July 2002 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK, the problems were just too bad, so I deleted the forums, their directories, and their SQL database.

I had made a backup 2 days ago (so I'm only losing like 10 posts and 0 users). However, that was with forum version 2.0.2. If anyone still has that version so I can re-install it, I'd be extremely grateful.

I kept all folder names and SQL database names the same, but I just couldn't get the data to import into 2.2.3. The 'import' process would go just fine without any errors, but when it completed, I would still have nothing, even with 2.0.2!

Thank you!

James

[Updated on: Mon, 15 July 2002 02:14]

Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4111 is a reply to message #4110] Mon, 15 July 2002 02:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Show me the datadump that you have, I think it should be reasonably easy to import your data. If you can send me an email with the data dump you are trying to import and I'll see how you can import it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Upgrade Failed! Forums Destroyed? [message #4112 is a reply to message #4111] Mon, 15 July 2002 02:26 Go to previous message
ok
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: New Installation of 712
Next Topic: Tab removal question
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 21:13:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03042 seconds