FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Tree view issues (Wrong encoding, needs JavaScript)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Tree view issues [message #37385] Thu, 24 May 2007 08:56 Go to next message
stovocor is currently offline  stovocor   Germany
Hello!

The data of my FUDforum was imported from phpbb. I changed the charset in thm/default/i18n/english to UTF-8 and rebuilt the theme. All postings are correctly displayed in "Flat view".

But when I change to "Tree view" and select a message from the bottom of the screen (through the JavaScript-method changeMsgFocus) the content looks like UTF-8-strings displayed in Latin-1.

Is this a bug in FUDforum or did I something wrong while converting the database? And is it possible to use all functions of FUDforum without enabling JavaScript?

TIA
Stephan
Re: Tree view issues [message #37420 is a reply to message #37385] Thu, 24 May 2007 13:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stovocor is currently offline  stovocor   Germany
Sorry, I did not see the posting from 10 days ago which linked to the patch. But this does not work for me because "german" is treated as a "simple language" and my charset-setting is not mentioned there.

Perhaps one could include the contents of the charset-file even if german or english is selected as the theme-language.
Re: Tree view issues [message #37455 is a reply to message #37420] Fri, 25 May 2007 00:41 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   
Administrator
Core Developer
Try upgrading to RC2 it should fix the problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Problems with german Umlaut in tree-view and AJAX
Next Topic: Shut up my stupid community members please. :P
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 14:50:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02079 seconds