FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Making posts 'sticky' after they already exist
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Making posts 'sticky' after they already exist [message #4648] Thu, 01 August 2002 20:57 Go to next message
dtype is currently offline  dtype   United States
Topic says it all. This would be a great feature, and one that many boards use quite a bit.
Re: Making posts 'sticky' after they already exist [message #4649 is a reply to message #4648] Thu, 01 August 2002 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Already possible.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Making posts 'sticky' after they already exist [message #4652 is a reply to message #4649] Thu, 01 August 2002 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm missing something, then. I can't find any way to edit a post in that way, when on/near the post (as a moderator or admin), and the documentation only mentions making things sticky upon post creation. Is this in the beta version, or did I just miss a button somewhere?

btw, thanks for a fantastic board. FUDforum certainly seems like a market leader, and GPL'd to boot. I was looking for a free software forum, and deathly afraid it would be something terrible. FUDforum was a pleasant surprise.
Re: Making posts 'sticky' after they already exist [message #4653 is a reply to message #4652] Thu, 01 August 2002 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
If you edit the 1st message (root message) of the thread you will be able to re-classify the thread as sticky/announcment.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Making posts 'sticky' after they already exist [message #4654 is a reply to message #4653] Thu, 01 August 2002 22:22 Go to previous message
Ah, thanks. I was thinking of a thread edit kind of feature, and it didn't occur to me that the first post would have thread-global info in it. I'll do that then. Thanks.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: change "allowed file extensions" to "file extensions not allowed"
Next Topic: Typographical & Grammatical Issues
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 15:42:45 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02211 seconds