FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Error
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Error [message #1148] Thu, 21 March 2002 21:38 Go to next message
DPitts18 is currently offline  DPitts18   United States
I keep getting the following error when I try to view my page, what does it mean?

Warning: Too many connections in /home/sites/cgi.passionscentral.com/forum2/include/db.inc on line 26
Re: Error [message #1149 is a reply to message #1148] Thu, 21 March 2002 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hi,
It probably means that ur server appears to have problems with persistant connections to SQL. U should edit ur GLOBALS.php to use just connect as method, that should solve the problem.

Look for the line where it says

$MYSQL_PERSIST = "Y";

and then turn it to

$MYSQL_PERSIST = "N";

Bye
Ken
Re: Error [message #1150 is a reply to message #1148] Thu, 21 March 2002 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Tell your host to set the timeout time on idle SQL connection to something like 5 minute (300 seconds).

And like Ken suggested, don't use persistant connection, because then each apache child will want a mysql socket for itself.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Error [message #1153 is a reply to message #1150] Fri, 22 March 2002 01:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DPitts18 is currently offline  DPitts18   United States
prottoss wrote on Thu, 21 March 2002 5:37 PM

Tell your host to set the timeout time on idle SQL connection to something like 5 minute (300 seconds).

And like Ken suggested, don't use persistant connection, because then each apache child will want a mysql socket for itself.

Can you edit the GLOBALS.php file for me? I can not figure out how to edit it. I can give you all my info so you can do it.
Re: Error [message #1154 is a reply to message #1153] Fri, 22 March 2002 01:39 Go to previous message
Olliver   Germany
Hello,
though it's often faster and easier to edit the GLOBALS.php directly, u can also change the setting via the admin controlpanel. U can find this item under the global settings -> SQL -> Use Persistent Connections from "yes" to "no". after that u just need to press the bottom right "set" button and u're done.
bye
Ken
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Upgrade script does not work
Next Topic: URL Avatar
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jul 27 08:44:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.01879 seconds